GIVING AND SHARING
We are blessed to be loved and have bountiful resources given by our Creator. And for that ‘reason’ – we should take time to give back, voice-out and share His passion of love to humanity. Our skills & talents, time & compassion, and sharing of resources should be dedicated as part of stewardship to continue and spread His ‘reason’ for us.
Through our church, we have mission-outreach and ministry programs that extend His loving care by helping appropriated individuals and groups in need around Greater San Diego and disaster-stricken areas in nationwide and overseas, and by spreading His words and good news from the Holy Scripture.
Our helping ministries and affiliations:
(also it may indicate the help you may provide)
- United Methodist Women actively involves in helping UMCOR support the health and welfare of women and children around the world. Support supplies are needed, and monetary donations are welcome. Please visit our UMW National City Chapter’s webpage.
- UMCOR is a relief organization helping worldwide. For relief-donations, visit their website.
Global Ministries (UMCMission)
- Worldwide mission-oriented agency of the United Methodist Church. Visit their website: umcmission.org.
Youth Ministry at helping homeless community
- Participation of our youth in lending hand to serve hot meals in downtown San Diego homeless shelters. Volunteer chaperone/drivers maybe needed to some of their event activities. Please support their fundraising.
Care Team & Family Ministry
- Provide prayer & welfare-support for members & friends
Community Food Distribution (CFD)
- Distribution of edible goods to anyone in need of food sustainment (currently reorganizing)
Interfaith Shelter Network (ISN)
- A periodical(seasonal) shelter project coordinated through ISN along with other denominations. Meals can be donated during our church’s hosting so we can serve it to our guests.
- Through the voices and music of our choir group, youth & young-adult praise bands, children choir and senior adult ministry – we spread our worship to God and His good news by praising vocals, sounds and rhythms. Funding donations for music sheets and other essentials (ie music instruments) are gladly appreciated.
Children’s Sunday School
- Early learning of our children to the love of God will give them strong ties to the Creator and bond a better relationship to our community. Volunteer-teachers are always needed. Donations of healthy snacks, learning-supplies and other support are welcome.
- Occasionally, we ask for individuals for these following volunteer programs: periodical Church Clean-Up, National City Community Service Day, and manpower during worship-service, fellowship & event activities. Also, future projects are currently in progress for UMM(United Methodist Men) and Young-Adult/College Ministry.
SUPPORT AND BE PART OF OUR STEWARDSHIP
Through your generous donations, pledges and tithes – we can continue the functions and stewardship of our ministries and spread God’s boundless heart-felt love throughout the community. These financial supports can be made of cash, checks and money-orders; and it may be given as an offering during our Sunday worship (or any event) offertory. As an option, these offerings may also be mailed or handed to us in our office at this following address:
First United Methodist Church
242 East 8th Street
National City, CA 91950
Telephone: (619) 477-2741